Monday, February 04, 2008

Rachel Trachtenburg



I signed up for the Trachtenburg Family Slide Show Players' email list quite a few years ago. It was after I saw them at the WOW Hall here in Eugene. Well they finally started sending me emails. Apparently they are doing a Rachel show in New York where they live now. You might think they seem like the kind of vegetarian nerd hipsters that live in my neck of the woods. Well they are from Seattle.

I am happy Rachel is singing a Sid Barrett song. I was a big Pink Floyd fan in high school. I had all the Pink Floyd albums on vinyl. Now I have none. I tried making a Pink Floyd radio station on Pandora but it keeps putting in all this classic rock that I hate. Why because I like Pink Floyd does it think I wan t to listen to Rush and Blue Oyster Cult.

I wish I could go see the Rachel Show. It is like a home grown PeeWee's Playhouse. I don't see any other similarity to Paul Rubens. The Trachtenburgs are not playing characters (anymore than anyone else). They are themselves. I wonder if Rachel Trachtenburg could be a star. I think mom and dad see it. But they have a master plan to keep her safe from evil. More power to you. I wish it for you, Trachtenburgs, to somehow make your dreams come true and avoid the bad stuff. It is my dream too.

No comments: