Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Art on the Go


http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif


Here are some photos from a sketchbook. I drew these in Seaside, Oregon. Painting outside during most of the year in Oregon can be challenging. You never know what the weather is going to throw at you. I like to use a small book, a pencil, tiny watercolor box, and a water brush. I fit it into a small waist pack with a snack. A plastic bag to sit on is a good idea if I remember.

I am getting ready for my new class called Art on the Go at Maude Kerns Art Center. We will be traveling to different locations each week. I am going to be doing a gear up session Saturday May 3, 3-5pm at Oregon Art Supply. I will have have all my outdoor set ups such as French easel and pochade box for oils or acrylics, sketchbooks and my watercolor kit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like these watercolor paintings a lot! I would like to see more.

- Katherine

johnholdway said...

Thanks Katherine. I will put more up in the future. I have always made watercolors in my sketchbooks and for occasional illustration projects. I have been teaching watercolor again for a year or so as such I am painting with watercolor even more. I have never tried to sell watercolors in galleries.