Monday, January 05, 2009

Count Down to Jacobs

I just got finished dropping off my paintings at the Jacobs Gallery for my upcoming show Consuming Vison.
Jacobs Gallery Office
Hult Center for Performing Arts
One Eugene Center
Eugene, OR 97401
The opening reception is this Friday January 9,2009 and starts at 5:30 and goes until around 9:30. I and the other artists will be giving an artist inside talk from 3:30-4:30. I hope to see you there.

Here you can see a large four foot square painting that I finished just a week ago. It is called Three Oranges. Besides being the largest piece in the show it has a little different point of view than the other pieces. This one is a view from above looking down. There is not a backdrop just the surface the oranges are sitting on. Most of the other paintings have a horizontal line separating the two which is a strong compositional element that I use often.

No comments: